Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Healthy & Safety Director- Blended in United States
Job Function and Responsibilities:
Health, Safety and Environment function plays a vital role in protecting employees in the workplace. They use their expert knowledge and experience to control risks at work and ensure that current safety standards are met. Their work involves helping to plan and implement new policies and procedures to raise or maintain safety standards, monitoring and reviewing those policies and procedures to ensure their effectiveness, and implementing new protective and preventative measures as required by law or by the organization.
AREAS OF IMPACT:
The HSE Director will provide direct support to the Senior Vice President of Blended Branches. He/ She will be an integral part Ferguson Enterprises HQ HSE function reporting directly to the Vice President of Health, Safety and Environment. The HSE Director will conduct detailed investigations of existing and potential safety and health hazards, make recommendations for remedial and corrective measures. This role requires knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations. He/ She must collaborate with HQ Safety leadership, Operations Management, Human Resources and appointed safety liaisons. This support will include directing the development and implementation of HSE regulatory compliance programs and best practices as well as manage a HSE field team.
• Mentor and develop HSE talent
• Assesses, recommends and implements policies and procedures to ensure compliance to regulations.
• Responsible for comprehensive safety program promoting safety, health and environmental regulatory compliance.
• Evaluates the organization’s current or proposed activities, operations, equipment, facilities and processes to minimize their impact on the environment, employee safety and health, ensuring alignment with corporate sustainability goals.
• Communicates and enforces the company- wide HSE programs.
• Ensure the effective administration of worker’s compensation program include working with claims management to reduce employee lost time and cost containment strategies
• Investigates work related incidents (injuries, accidents) or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures.
• Consults with employees and managers on design and use of material handling equipment.
• Be familiar with the latest ergonomics practices in warehousing and delivery operations
• Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards and recommends corrective or preventative measures where indicated.
• Practices strong engagement with direct reports and team members including accepting diversity of ideas and thoughts, sharing responsibility for success, demonstrating honesty and integrity, helping employees solve problems and showing respect.
• Keeps managers and employees alerted as to the hazards of working with fumes, chemicals and any other hazardous substances. Manages MSDS communication program.
• Participates in the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of materials and evidence for organization’s injury review panel
• Develops, supervises, coordinates and conducts training programs and employee on boarding which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promotes safety consciousness.
• Responsible for EHS issues relative to reports, permits, testing and compliance with all regulatory agencies.
• Work closely with operation management, Human Resources and Insurance Carriers in administration of the W/C program.
• Review plans and specifications for construction, modification and/or installation of machinery, equipment and facilities to determine if all safety requirements have been met.
• Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to occupational injuries and illnesses.
• Maintains and updates EHS files and records.
• Presents and communicates to all levels of the organization and maintains confidentiality
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Health, Safety & Environment, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Hygiene or related field
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
• 10-15 years of HSE experience managing multiple lines of business at a regional or national level
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated successful ability to build positive partnerships, while working collaboratively with cross-functional business teams
• Demonstrated successful ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure timely deadlines
• Ability to function at a high level of effectiveness, flexibility, independence and initiative without daily interaction with management
• Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office suits
• Through knowledge of corporate policies, workers compensation, OSHA, ADA, 18001, DOT and other relevant legislations
• Ability to travel up to 30-40%
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson raises the bar for industry standards as the top-rated wholesale supplier of commercial and residential plumbing supplies. However, our expertise goes beyond plumbing. We are a diverse distributor that spans multiple businesses including HVAC/R, waterworks and industrial. In the past 65 years, we’ve grown from a local distributor to a $15 billion dollar company with more than 1,400 locations and over 24,000 associates nationwide. We pride ourselves on delivering world-class service, and our customers know that “Nobody expects more from us than we do” is more than just a tagline to Ferguson associates. It’s a cultural belief that is demonstrated every day through exceptional customer service, product selection and industry knowledge.