Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Safety Manager- Waterworks in United States
Job Function and Responsibilities:
Health, Safety and Environment function plays a vital role in protecting employees in the workplace. They use their expert knowledge and experience to control risks at work and ensure that current safety standards are met. Their work involves helping to plan and implement new policies and procedures to raise or maintain safety standards, monitoring and reviewing those policies and procedures to ensure their effectiveness, and implementing new protective and preventative measures as required by law or by the organization.
AREAS OF IMPACT:
The HSE Manager will provide direct support to the Senior Vice President of Water Works Business. He/ She will be an integral part Ferguson Enterprises HQ HSE function reporting directly to the Vice President of Health, Safety and Environment. The HSE Manager will conduct detailed investigations of existing and potential safety and health hazards, make recommendations for remedial and corrective measures. This role requires knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations. He/ She must collaborate with HQ Safety leadership, Operations Management, Human Resources and appointed safety liaisons. This support will include directing the development and implementation of HSE regulatory compliance programs and best practices as well as manage a HSE field team.
• Builds a culture that integrates HSE with daily operations; reduce frequency and severity of injuries, reduces costs and develops a more productive, effective and safe workforce that follows all applicable standards and regulations
• Regularly reviews status of safety process and programs
• Working closely with the individual contracts to help support safety culture improvements via surveys, workshops and presentations.
• Building positive client relationships to support the contract Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) teams in the field.
• Ensuring the HSE organizational structure delivers the required support of the business, and providing the appropriate recruitment and resourcing support.
• Identification and implementation of a communications strategy to ensure engagement of branch management, HSE Team members, and employees to ensure consistent messaging of leadership expectations about HSE.
• Identification, communication and delivery of HSE plans, both at a HQ and Regional level; development of an improvement plan to achieve company reduction in lagging indicators and increase in leading indicators.
• Providing clear deliverables to the contracts and ensuring accountability for SHE is understood and implemented.
• Ensuring that all corporate requirements are met and complied with.
• Ensure the safety programs are fit for purpose based on location
• Develop and maintain safety performance score cards per site or business groups
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Required: Bachelor’s degree in Health, Safety & Environment, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Hygiene or related field
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
• 5-10 years of HSE experience managing multiple lines of business at a regional or national level
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for interactions with all levels of employees, managers, and executives.
• Demonstrated successful ability to build positive partnerships, while working collaboratively with cross-functional business teams
• Demonstrated successful ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure timely deadlines
• Ability to function at a high level of effectiveness, flexibility, independence and initiative without daily interaction with management
• Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office suits
• Through knowledge of corporate policies, workers compensation, OSHA, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, DOT and other relevant legislations
• Ability to travel up to 30-40%
• Strong Process Improvement and Procedural Development Skills
• Strong Data Mining and Analytics Skills
• Business Analytics, Dashboards and Reporting
• Program Management Knowledge
• Industry Knowledge, (public works, civil, utilities)
• Ability to work independently and in team orientated settings.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson raises the bar for industry standards as the top-rated wholesale supplier of commercial and residential plumbing supplies. However, our expertise goes beyond plumbing. We are a diverse distributor that spans multiple businesses including HVAC/R, waterworks and industrial. In the past 65 years, we’ve grown from a local distributor to a $15 billion dollar company with more than 1,400 locations and over 24,000 associates nationwide. We pride ourselves on delivering world-class service, and our customers know that “Nobody expects more from us than we do” is more than just a tagline to Ferguson associates. It’s a cultural belief that is demonstrated every day through exceptional customer service, product selection and industry knowledge.